Thursday, May 19, 2011

Investment #1

I'm a huge advocate of buying things cheap, as long as they work for a season or two. I mean, who really knows how long our now-beloved crop tops or colour-blocked dresses will be in style for? However, there are some items where spending a little more of your hard earned cash will be worth it in the end. I think that right now is the best time to spend a little more, especially for students. We've all finished school and the first paycheques are rolling in. Pretend you don't have to start saving (yet!) and hit up your favourite boutiques to pick up these pieces!

1. Classic Black Bag



A couple of weeks ago, Sarah went shopping and sent me a text questioning her decision on buying a bag. She wondered if a black bag worked for summer/spring. I immediately told her that a black bag is an everyday kind of piece - the colour goes with everything and it's easy to throw on if you don't feel like thinking about which bag to use.

I would pick up an oversized black tote, such as the Alexander Wang one pictured. I know it's a little pricey, but it won't fall apart after a couple uses.

P.S. Can you tell how obsessed I am with this bag? I've posted it way too many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment