Thursday, November 25, 2010

sequins

Before reading this post, don't misjudge. I am a huge fan of sequins. Sequined shoulders on a black tank dress are wonderful. Sequined leggings are something I crave, but absolutely cannot find (or make, for that matter).

Les Chiffoniers' silver sequin leggings.
Wonderful!

Seriously, this summer, I rounded up my good friend and convinced her to try and make sequin leggings with me. We bought leggings from Garage, and then I searched all over for silver sequins. After finding them at Michael's, I bought four packs and went home to make this idea come to life. After about four hours and ten sequins, I realized why these leggings cost a fortune - it takes a ridiculous amount of time to sew sequins. Needless to say, I am still sequin-legging free - but hopefully not for long.

Anyways - the point of this is I do have a soft spot for sequins. Unless they go on something like this:


First of all, the sight of Uggs make me cringe. I don't understand their appeal, especially when paired with yoga pants outside of a home.


Second, I respect Oprah and what she does. But she featured these on her Oprah's Ultimate Favourite Things 2010 show, which unnecessarily showed women all over these boots.



Finally, sequined Uggs? I don't think I can stress how much I disapprove of this..


Photos from UGG Australia.

1 comment:

  1. from your TWIN SISTER - offended, this is my standard outfit.
    thankyou have a good day

    ReplyDelete