Thursday, May 05, 2011

Summer Internship!

Hello friends!
Yesterday I was presented with exciting news and an incredible opportunity that I wanted to share with you guys. I was given an internship with an amazing Toronto-based dress designer (one-of-a-kind pieces) named Cindy Renee Mathieu.
I'm beyond excited. Most of my duties as intern involve creating/keeping Cindy's social media outlets up-to-date, helping plan her events and running them, and even contacting suppliers and clients. Eek!
I don't want to be tacky, but as it is part of my job to share Cindy with my world of social media nerds (no offense but...we can't deny) I wanted to do a quick post about her. Since I'll be working with her and will be attending events and shows this summer, I hope I'll be able to share and post a lot. Hopefully I'll learn A LOT and gain fashion industry experience that I can put towards Fashgasm.

CRM pieces are all formal wear that are "outside the box" and really fit Cindy's outgoing, friendly personality. Since I saw her designs before meeting her, when we did talk face-to-face I felt I could completely understand her style. Check her out and let me know what you think, and leave any tips or ideas for me, as an intern, if you have any? I would love that!


These are from her 2010 collection (her 2011 one is in the making). The two middle dresses were created specifically for artists and the Golden Globes. She uses a lot of feathers, patterns, and SPARKLE. Jeanne Beker, who spoke at an event that Cindy held, told her she was "a hidden gem" and a "Canadian McQueen". Brilliant!

Next to her CRM dress designs, Cindy does a lot of work on her other line: Sodaliscious. It's a little more ready-to-wear. She has taken Sodaliscious to the Emmys, Golden Globes, and has been featured on ET Canada and in various NYC and LA fashion events and showcases. Here are two dresses of hers on some people you may recognize (Emmys 2009):
(This dress on Annalynne Mccord is one of my favourites.)

All in all, I'm really excited to be interning with Cindy this summer. I can't wait to share my stories as an intern with you guys.
Also, everything I posted on here can be found on her website (www.cindyreneemathieu.com) or on her Facebook page (Cindy Renee Mathieu) incase you're curious! Please give it a look if ya can!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment