Monday, May 16, 2011

Factory Girl

I think I'm in love.
Today I stumbled upon Erik Hart's Pre Fall'11 Collection. Created by the self-proclaimed contemporary artist, this collection is part of Erik's 'Factory' line (very fitting).
It's amazing.
Factory Pre-Fall'11 is minimalist, structured, and basically right up my alley. So far up my alley, in fact, that I had trouble deciding which photos to take from the website to show you.

The designs in the Factory PF'11 line are simple, but manage to look badass and stunning at the same time. Erik uses only a few shades (black, white, beige, grey, and creams) but the fabric and cut choices add massive range to the collection. I'm sensing a bit of a Gaga inspiration here.

According to Erik Hart's website: "The range [in the collection] focuses on Hart’s signature aesthetic and design approach. An exercise in balancing the tension created between contrasts and duality. The dichotomy of androgyny and femininity, high and low, vulnerability and confidence, restraint and excess."

Too. Good.



The line sticks to it's name and "factory" theme, and I love the fact that while many pieces are similar, there are small features that make each unique. As I've been saying, I'm all about minimalism right now, so I definitely want to get my hands on something from this stunning collection.
What are your thoughts? Are you as smitten as I am?

Love,
Sarah

[www.factorycollection.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment