Sunday, April 17, 2011

Look-A-Like

The other day my roommate and I were walking around in the beautiful weather, talking about shoes.
I can't remember how we got on the topic, but as soon as we did she immediately brought up her desperate desire to own a pair of Christian Louboutins. I had to agree because, really, who wouldn't want a pair of Christian Louboutins? Those beautiful works of art with that signature red heel...nom nom. I'd be afraid to wear them out. I'd keep them in a glass case on my desk. I'd be so proud.

But, lets face facts people. Most of us are starving students, forced to live off of loans and the money our parents graciously but reluctantly provide us with to ensure our monthly survival. Through tuition, books, and food, the ability for us to purchase a pair of Louboutins (let alone any pair of quality, designer shoes) on our own is something that isn't an option at the moment.

So, after drooling over the Christian Louboutin website and picking out some of my favourite shoes, I decided that I wanted to try and find similar styles for a price that I can realistically afford. And, since it's a Saturday night and I'm sitting at home studying for those disgusting things we call exams, I thought I'd share my findings as a form of procrastination:


I'll start of with a relatively inexpensive Christian Louboutin shoe. The Bianca ($795).
VS.
Aldo's "Cape Coral" platform in camel. ($80)


Christian Louboutin's Rozeppa wedge ($895)
VS.
Forever 21's Caposhi corked wedge ($22). A clear difference in appearance and quality, but price is key.


Louboutin's Very Prive Spike ($1195)
VS.
Sam Edelman's semi-spiked heel ($225). This was the closet I could come to a match in my searching. I actually really like this shoe. It's available at Town Shoes and I'm thinking of going to try a pair on to procrastinate tomorrow...


And finally, the piece de resistance. These are the kind of shoes that you'd wear and feel ridiculously awesome because they're worth more than half a year's rent. SO SPARKLY. Christian Louboutin's Very Riche heels ($3695).
VS.
Steve Madden's gold pumps ($80).

I hope you enjoyed my little comparisons. I feel like such a bargain shopper. Hehe.
Hopefully I gave you some inspiration to do you own comparing and bargaining. It may not be as fun, but it always leaves ya with a new pair of shoes, even if they're not Louboutin's. ;)

Love,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Uh, No--- you must be nuts -- they aren't even CLOSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn,

    Which ones are you referring to? I'd love to know what you're thinking?

    Thanks!
    Justine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn,

    Sorry if my post offended you. I was in no way trying to compare quality.. as I stressed this is just a bit of a style comparison for people on a budget. They were some of the closest matches I could find in terms of price and a semi-similar style.

    But thanks for reading-- I always appreciate feedback!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete