Tuesday, April 12, 2011

colour block

I've been noticing more and more lately that outfits of one solid colour are extremely popular this year. I talked about it in my last post, and since then solid coloured ensembles have been popping up on every blog and website I've lurked about.
Like I said in the Ellery post I wrote, I'm really not a fan of single coloured outfits but I've found some ones that really work. It all has to do with the shading and accents...


This is probably one of my favourites. The shirt is a different material and a little bit of a lighter purple (maroon?) than the pants, which adds contrast and doesn't make it look like a baggy one-piece. The hat also pulls it right together. Actually, the hat is what I like most about this outfit. I've been really into hats lately and would love to find one just like that for summa days.


This outfit follows suit of the one above with a blouse that's a slightly different shade than the shorts it's paired with. Even the shoes and the hat, being in the same beige colour zone, are darker and lighters shades. It's put together so nicely that it doesn't even look like an outfit of entirely beige, in my opinion.


Ahh, the all-white ensemble that I could never wear. This Zoe Jordan outfit is one solid colour all the way, but the ruching on the shirt and the fit of the jacket give it shape and definition, so it doesn't look like she's wearing a block of white. I like, I like.

Basically, if you're going to wear an outfit of all one shade or colour, it's all about the accents and detailing you throw in. Form fitting jackets, belts, or different coloured accessories are definitely key so you don't look like a solid blob of colour. Let me know what you think about the little trend.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment