Tuesday, April 05, 2011

ellery, really really

I came across Kym Ellery (designer name: Ellery) a few days ago while I was trolling one of the fashion blogs I frequent. I can't remember which one, but the post was about up and coming designers. Immediately, the Ellery designs caught my eye.

If you're like me and hadn't heard of Ellery before this, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with her line. It's edgy and structured, but a little flirty at the same time.
The F/W '11 line is unique in the sense that she seems to devote every outfit to one specific colour or shade, sticking mainly to it. And I'm not usually into outfits of entirely one colour (unless it's black...) but this designer makes it work.

An all-white ensemble. I really like the layered jacket and vest look, and the contrast between the white and cream colour. Couldn't wear any of this out in public though. The white wouldn't stand a chance... I'm the clumsiest girl you'll ever meet.

One of my favourites (obviously). The shoulders of the jacket are harsh, but as you work your way down it takes on a lighter/flirtier look with the tights. Once again, an outfit entirely focussed on one shade, but the shoulder pads and the belt at the waste give it shape and make it work. Yay!


This outfit is exactly what I was talking about when I called Ellery edgy, structured, and flirty at the same time. This dress rocks. It's sharp, but the light pink softens it and adds a really girly feel. It's a great mix (the gold studded belt really helps).


A very intense all-red outfit. It's a lot, but something about it really works. The long jacket paired with the shiny (for lack of a better word) pants adds shape. The material of the pants also adds a contrast to the look that's definitely needed when sticking entirely to one colour, especially one as bold as red.


Check out www.elleryland.com for all her collections.
And now, I'm off to start studying for my first final exam. Wish me luck....eep.

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment