Wednesday, April 20, 2011

alexander X vogue

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a little bit since I've blogged or contributed in any way, but have no fear, as I am back in full force. Exams are done and, if this rain ever lets up, summer will be here soon! I'm taking a week or two off before I start work so I can work on some freelance articles and will let you know when (if??) they get picked up.

So, since I have soooo much time off right now, I did some poking around and found some stuff that I had meant to post about but didn't have a chance to. Case in point - Vogue recently did an interesting editorial as a tribute to Alexander McQueen, who was one of my favourite designers before his untimely death. Steven Meisel shot the spread and it's beautiful. They accurately named the editorial "Alexander the Great."

Spring 2001








Spring 1999

I love how his collections always managed to reference birds. It's something I didn't notice until recently, but I love that. Right from his first collection, at lease one piece in a collection had feathers or bird shapes or whathaveyou... but he always managed to incorporate it. I am curious to see if Sarah Burton will continue this.

Spring 2005


What are your fave looks?



Check out the rest of the editorial here!

No comments:

Post a Comment