Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Victoria's Secret '11 Recap

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm one of those girls who gets overly excited about the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. It's become an event that is counted down to and highly anticipated among my friends, and every year I'm more and more impressed with the hour long spectacle.

Here's the deal: I understand that the show is criticized, and that the girls who sit at home in their family rooms munching on celery while gazing at Alessandra and Adriana are a far-too-common breed (cough sometimes guilty cough). But, I think people tend to overlook the fact that apart from the models, the designs themselves are why many of us tune into the show. Each year, the designers seem to up their games, producing stunning pieces based around incredibly creative themes (this year included classic New Orleans, under-the-sea, and "Club Pink").

I had a hard time deciding on a few pieces that were my favourite last night, so I thought I'd post a bunch of pictures. If you missed the show, I highly suggest streaming it. If you're against the models, watch it for the fashion. OR the live music. Maroon 5, Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Nicki Minaj... unreal.

This amazing detailed piece was hand-embriodered in India. One of my favourites!

The girls kick off the show in super hero themed attire (!!) while Kanye West serenades everyone with "Stronger".

So much neon!!

'Under the Sea' was one of my favourite themes of the night. The outfits were beautiful, especially the 2.5 million dollar bra that Miranda Kerr wore. Can we also note the fact that Miranda gave birth in January (!!) and it wasn't even noted. I found that odd, considering Adriana's return at the 2010 show after having a baby was a major deal. Miranda looks great, and her husband definitely agreed for the entire show (hello various Orlando Bloom solo standing ovations).

Adam Levine serenades girlfriend Anne Vyalitsyna while Maroon 5 performs as I watched in a fit of jealous rage. (Just Kidding). (Kind of).


All in all, one of my favourite VSFS years to date. If you watched the show, what are your thoughts on everything?

Love, Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment