Tuesday, October 18, 2011

wild thing

I have been struggling to keep warm in this weird October weather we're having in Ottawa. Cardigans do nothing, and my supply of long-sleeved shirts is seriously lacking. What is a girl to do to stay warm in the winter?

Buy sweaters!

I recently popped into Forever 21, a staple for university students across the country. I picked up a plain blue knit sweater that is perfect for over jeans or skirts. However, I am desperately in need of the printed sweaters I saw all over the F/W 2011 runways. Here is what I want in my closet right now.

Marc x Marc Jacobs

The trick is not to look like you're at a ski chalet taking a break in between hills. It's all about the Fashgasm. This Marc x Marc Jacobs could look dowdy, but pair it with sequin tights and sky-high black pumps and you've got a look any girl would be jealous of. 



 I kept the shorts in this picture to show you what you can do with the above. To beat the cold in the coming winter while looking fabulous, trade caramel shorts for black leather shorts and some sheer black tights.
Elizabeth and James
 This Elizabeth and James sweater is a little harder to pull off. You risk looking like your crazy aunt at Thanksgiving if not done properly. For a more relaxed look, pair with your tightest, curve-hugging black skinnies and a combat boot and you will be the best dressed in any of your classes.

via Urban Outfitters

This is a great cozy sweater that's easy for anyone to pull off. I would order it in a couple sizes too big and throw it over a pair of opaque (make sure they are not see-through in any capacity!) and a pair of black suede booties. 
via Urban Outfitters
Finally, the obnoxious print sweater. Everyone owns one (save for me) and I dislike them. But, if you must, please please be careful and avoid looking like you're heading into an ugly Christmas sweater party.

Be lovely Fashgasmers,

Justine

P.S. I have no idea what those boxes are on the lower two pictures by the way? Any guesses??


No comments:

Post a Comment