Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Neon Summer & Scene Kid Flashbacks

Hi friends! This one will be short because I'm on my way out the door, but I felt like a post from me was far, far overdue.

I was shopping at Zara yesterday, browsing the sale items (the only place I belong anymore, since I'm almost completely broke) and I noticed all their neon pants were on sale.
It's no secret that neon has been a huge trend this summer, and one of my favourites. My usual black attire has begun to blend among my various highlighter pink and green crop tops, bathing suit tops, and belts. Neons are just plain fun, and look lurvely with a tan.

The one thing that I haven't purchased and have been a little unsure about purchasing is a bright pair of pants. I think it's because when I think bright pants, I think about the days I thought I was a scene kid and everyone I knew wore bright purple pants with checkered Vans and band-tees. Oh god, the flashbacks...
But these Zara pants WERE pretty cute. And they were on sale for $20 from $65. I grabbed a pair of green ones, a pair of yellow ones, and a few pairs of jeans in the same style.

They all fit the same, since they were the same pair of pants (HAH), but since I am actually poor I had to spend some time debating the colour that I would get the most use out of. And, in the end, I obviously chose the jeans.

I just can't seem to get on board with buying bright neon pants. Like I said, I'm all for the neons and am currently in the market for a neon bag, but something about the pants... I feel like it's taking it a bit too far. Something about it seems childish to me. But, like I said, that could be because they give me flashbacks of being 15 years old.

What are your thoughts?

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment