Thursday, January 06, 2011

a visual life

The Sartorialist is one of my favourite fashion photographers because he doesn't always shoot people who are the most fashionable in that period of time. He captures everyday people, at the park, having a cigarette outside of their work, in a beautiful way. His images are absolutely stunning and always manage to grab the real life person in the clothing.

Recently, Intel Visual Life made a short documentary on The Sartorialist (see quick bio below). Check it out!



The Sartorialist is a blog which was started by Dan Schuman in 2005, after he left his job in fashion sales to look after his daughter. Schuman says on his blog:

I thought I could shoot people on the street the way designers looked at people, and get and give inspiration to lots of people in the process. My only strategy when I began The Sartorialist was to try and shoot style in a way that I knew most designers hunted for inspiration.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment