Tuesday, March 15, 2011

she's still got it


Of course she does. She's Kate Moss.



When Moss closed the Louis Vuitton show, I was pleasantly shocked. She fucking rocked it.


Now, as much as we all love Kate, she was not the star of the show. The incredible clothes were!

One thing that I noticed right away was the WWII homage, which I believe I read afterwards that that was the theme Marc Jacobs was going for when he designed this collection.

In the recent events that have happened with John Galliano and his alleged anti-Semitic remarks, I found this homage a little eerie.

This whole collection screamed luxury. I obviously wasn't at the show, but I watched the video of it afterwards. Women dressed as French maids took guests to their seats, a massive runway and four large, decorated elevators right in the middle of it all. There were almost 70 looks, which is more than a usual collection.



One by one the models came up through an elevator, which a doorman opened for them. First we saw a woman dressed like a porter. The outfits looked like uniforms, reminiscent of decades past. The sheer panels and dark navy caught my eye.



Notice the shapes of the clothing - nothing is super-fitted. I like the curved lines created by the clothing. It adds to that reminder of a 1940s look.

Thigh-highs: Always a must!


What I love about this fur piece above is the colour. That royal purple makes me almost excited to see snow next November.


And finally, the bags. I will admit I am not much of Louis Vuitton handbag kind of girl - the price is way out of my range and I'm not one to carry a monogrammed advert on my arm. However, in reinventing the classic bag, Jacobs created something gorgeous. The colours are eye-catching and the bags look sophisticated and classy. That mustard yellow monogrammed bag may be one of my favourites from the F/W 2011 collections!



Photos from Vogue.com

1 comment:

  1. Great selections, especially the mustard bag! It's a gorgeous color and style.

    - Meanz (Koi Story)

    ReplyDelete