Wednesday, March 30, 2011

cream

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know I'm a huge fan of everything and anything that's black. I have a ridiculous amount of black pleather and leather, and I find it extremely challenging to find a pair of shoes in my closet that aren't the colour of the night.

But, something has changed.

And I think it may have to do with the warmer weather - although we were just hit with a snowstorm last week.

I have been lusting over all things cream, white and tan. And a little bit of colour, for good measure.


These shorts are on my list to buy. They are from Iceberg's F/W 2011 collection, but I'm lusting for them for spring. Simple and clean.
I almost bought a pair of black ones this past weekend from Zara, but decided to keep my wallet open in case I run into a cream (p)leather short.

[I'm a student, so I'll be honest - unless I find similar shorts for a deep discount, I will be adding to my constantly growing pleather collections!]

Apologies for picture quality - I seem to have left my camera at my parent's house when I last visited.

These are my new shoes. I bought a pair of black wedge heels back in August I think from Forever 21, but they are absolutely destroyed.

I walked into ALDO over the weekend and showed them my shoes that were ripping from the bottom. The salesperson looked depressed to see a shoe in such a state, and she and I searched through the entire ALDO catalogue to see if we could find something similar. This is four years worth of shoes - not a task for the light-hearted.
When we finally found them, she told me that they probably wouldn't be in stock anymore because they are not a summer shoe - BUT I happened to be having some serious luck that day.

They arrived today, and I'm excited to wear them. I love the extra 4.5 inches they add to my small frame.

I chose a tan shoe because it's a better colour for summer. Plus, the 70 per cent sale price at ALDO didn't hurt.

In other news, I have finally printed my last assignment for the semester, so I will be having lots of free time, i.e. procrastinating, to update during exam period.

Much love,
J.

2 comments:

  1. This post has definitely inspired me to get some wedge heels like those in my personal collection. Thanks for the style inspiration! Following you now ;)

    Lisa
    http://youngthriftyandthriving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wedge heels are ridiculously comfortable considering it's a five inch heel!

    ReplyDelete