Wednesday, November 17, 2010

pretty in white


I love Joseph Altuzarra.


So it only goes to stand that I would love his Spring 2011 collection.
This collection featured outfits based on a black and white colour scheme, and an interesting kind of snake-skin print as an accent. The whole look is very clean, very modern, and very eye-catching.




I really loved the pops of random color - yellow belts, blue in the hair, green bracelets. I find that by adding colour that way, the attention stays on the clothing, but the outfit as a whole is still completely beautiful.



Altazurra was born and raised in Paris, and then went to Swarthmore College in Philadelphia. Here he studied Art and Art History and focused on fashion and architecture. After school, he headed to NYC, interned for Marc Jacobs (!) and then joined Proenza Schouler as a freelance designer. Riccardo Tisci took Altazurra on staff for Givenchy in October 2006 as design assistant in Paris. While he was there, he decided to return back to New York City and launch his own line.


I'm more in love with the white outfits, but since anything black catches my eye, I decided to show one for good measure. Enjoy!


Photo's via Elle.com

1 comment:

  1. i'm on a spring 2011 spree. soo many pretty things this year.

    ReplyDelete