Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lookin' Good, Lazy

It's back to school shopping time!
I'll be realistic and admit that I've been "back to school" shopping since the first week I got home from school in April. I've spent the past four months acquiring quite the collection of clothes and quite the unhealthy addiction. But thats beside the point.

When it comes to school, I'm all for dressing up to go to class. But theres some days when it's enough that I'm even making the trek to campus, let alone dressing well for it. The days I do wear my sweats to school (which are usually the same days I forgo the hair washing) I always end up feeling so gross and lazy. These are also the days I tend to run into everyone I know on campus. Yay.
In the most recent issue of "Glamour", theres an article on how to dress lazy and comfy without feeling gross in sweats: "It's just as easy to throw on a pair of jeans and flats as it is to throw on sweatpants".
SO, when going back to school, there's a few items that can help out with the whole lazy day attire issue:

1. A good pair of COMFY jeans.
I just bought a pair from Zara that I know I'll live in this year. They're ridiculously comfy, but actually look good. I could wear them to class or the bar. The great thing about having jeans like this is you may as well be wearing sweats, but you don't feel like a complete lazy bum when you're in them. I know jean shopping can be frustrating, but its worth it to find even one pair that fits like a glove.


2. A long cardigan that fits WELL.
I own a lot of long, grandma cardigans, but this summer I bought a black Wilfred cardigan that has a lot of shape to it and is also extremely warm and comfy. I feel stylish AND like I'm wrapped in a blanky, all at the same time. Extremely versatile.


3. A bunch of tanks in solid colours.
I grab all my tanks from H&M about a size too big. They're about $10 each and fit really nicely. They're not tight enough that I look like I'm going to the gym, and they're loose enough that I could throw a necklace on and get away with em at the bar.

I hope everyone who is heading back to school in 2 weeks has a wonderful year. I personally can't wait to get this show on the road. I'm going crazy waiting!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment